In 2013, we set a goal to get ourselves from our safe stationary life to one of uncertainty and adventure. We gave ourselves 12 months to figure out all the logistics surrounding full-time travel. However, there was very little reliable and realistic guidance out there to hang our hopes on as we embarked on the next chapter of our lives. We had a couple of mentors, but for the most part we were on our own. A lot of time was lost researching online from sources that said they traveled full-time (and did not) or those who speculated what it was like to travel full-time, but no one was working one-on-one with future travelers from a point of personal experience. We started the consulting side of WorldTowning as a way to fill that gap- share with all of you the ups, downs, bumps, realities, etc., of what life is like for a WorldTowner and what preparations are necessary.
As time went on you wanted to chat with us beyond the full-time travel scope and discuss education, humanitarianism, Rving Europe, language learning, French visas, teens and how we got started sailing. As a result, we have expanded our coaching to these areas and more.
Why Jessica and Will of WorldTowning?
We have been traveling full-time for 10 years, but not just in 1 or 2 countries…but on every continent except Antarctica. However, Largo begs to differ since he spent some time in Antarctica.
Not only have we been traveling full-time, but we have also been home/world schooling (elementary through high school), running a location independent business, hosting group travel trips, coaching future travelers, documenting our experiences on YouTube, parenting, adventuring and now circumnavigating the world.
It is always best to learn from those “doing it”, whatever "it" is.
We are here to get you traveling, homeschooling, moving to France, bi-lingual, whatever it is you desire.
How and where have we traveled?
We have slow traveled in Costa Rica, Ecuador, Morocco, France and Japan where we hunkered down for 4-12 months. We have RV’d Europe while visiting every country on the continent and our latest adventure... we bought a boat, learned to sail and are embarking on a circumnavigation.
What you get?
• A roadmap to bring your dream(s) to fruition which involves determining your “why,” working through all the logistics and hearing the fabulous, bad and sometimes ugly, reality of your desired area of interest. We tell it how it is, so you can succeed.
• 1 (30 minute 1:1) LIVE video sessions with Jessica and Will. You will get to hear two different perspectives on many topics, the realist vs. the idealist and benefit from the different skill sets we bring to the table as a team.
• Membership to an exclusive (invite only) WorldTowners Facebook community of global travelers, business owners, educators, humanitarians and more.
• Access to a decade’s worth of full-time travel knowledge, plus our expertise in the areas of homeschooling, language learning, moving abroad, gear, travel itineraries and much more. And, links, pdfs, apps and all other resources we have collected.
• A video recording of our session to refer back to throughout the planning process.
• Access to our monthly Zoom calls on Patreon (limited to the time of your coaching)
• A WorldTowning sticker!
Who is this for?
Someone who wants to
...move abroad permanently to one location or travel full-time to various locations.
...hike the Camino de Santiago in Spain (packing, accommodations, emotions, documenting).
...apply for a long stay visa in France.
...learn how to educate alternatively (homeschool, international school, university requirements).
...discover all the accommodation options when vacationing or full-time traveling (housesit, airbnb, hostels, house swap, long stay negotiations)
...discover the path to language learning for my children (resources, tutors, tips and tricks).
...receive custom travel itineraries for vacations, group or full-time travel.
...take a summer, 6 month or year sabbatical to a foreign country.
...rv Europe (buying/selling a van, campsites, itineraries, boondocking).
...enlist guidance with the logistics after I have made the decision to move abroad.
...explore being a better humanitarian (volunteering, literature, community).
...understand the emotional impact of choosing a different path than the norm (individual, couples, families, creating a new normal, traditions, lifestyle discrimination)
...learn about the gear you use and why you love it.
...create community and social for myself and my children while traveling.
...help my teen start a business.
...live on a boat, but I have no experience (why we did not hack it, who mentored us, why we loved our instructor, insurance).
...set up a location independent business (tech, finances, gear, wifi)
...obtain international healthcare (medical tourism, vaccines, best policies)
...transition to a minimalist lifestyle (downsizing, rent or sell the house, what to pack)
...and so much more, ask us and we shall deliver.
How much does it cost?
How to get started?
• In preparation for our chat download Zoom if you don't already have it. It is a free platform.
• Since our community comes from all over the world we have done our best to offer slots to accommodate many time zones. However, if you do not find a time that works with your current time zone let us know and we will open up one.
Hey friends, this is Jessica and Will from WorldTowning. You’re listening to the podcast that shares the highs, the lows, and the “what the heck just happened” of our decade-long full-time travel lifestyle and how it has changed us. On The WHY Matters, we dig deep into the WHY behind our choices and the positive results they leave. If you are ready to spread your wings, have a laugh, and take the insights of full-time travelers into your everyday life, then this podcast is for you.
A new episode is released every Wednesday! Don't miss out!
Before we started WorldTowning, I (Jessica) had this crazy idea to share our life in a blog, which at the time was called Goodie Goodie Gumdrop! Although I no longer write on the blog, it serves as a diary, chronicling our life beginning in early 2012 (before we even knew that we were going on this crazy full-time travel journey of ours) to mid-2017. The blog shows the transition from a family living a stationary life with a thirst for more, to seasoned full-time travelers who came to realize that this journey is a never-ending quest to share more about our real-life experiences (thus, the arrival of the vlog). The blog is chocked full of useful information, adventures, recipes, travel crafts, community and more.
100's of posts for your reading enjoyment!
Do you love the idea behind our one-on-one coaching, but you want a lower price point and/or a tribe to learn with who will become your first travel community? Then WorldTowning University is the place for you.
We get it. Your life is extremely busy and trying to figure out every single aspect in planning to move to a new country is more than a little time-consuming. That’s why we put our 10-week course together in a very common-sense order, so that you can tackle the big stuff first and finish the minor details later on. By following our curriculum, we will be able to save you at least six months of research and frustration.
Worldtowning University is the first end-to-end “travel launch” class set up by active travelers. We didn’t just travel for a year or two and decide to make a class. We didn’t get done traveling, return to a comfortable lifestyle back home, and three years later develop a course. We are constantly learning more. We are constantly up to date. We are aware of how quickly the world of travel and planning for travel around the world can change. We are the team to help you manifest your big travel dream.
Over the course of 10 weeks, we cover:
• Your WHY
• Potential emotional and cultural transitions
• The visa application process
• Health options
• Employment and income needs
• Educational opportunities
• Financial and technological requirements
• Community-building opportunities at your WorldTowning location
And every week, for each of those topics above, you will receive
• An In-depth training video and links related to the week's topic.
• A LIVE video classroom session with WorldTowning founders (Jessica and Will) and other class members. This is recorded and upload after the class for anyone who could not attend or who the time zone does not work for.
• Homework assignments—each of which is specially designed to move you toward your dream!
• Expert guest speakers on occasion.
They way that Will and Jessica hosted, presented and managed the class was wonderfully interactive, respectful, engaging and most importantly inclusive of everyones differences and needs. The guest speakers offered real life inspiration and I found that really valuable. ~ Amanda
Enroll now for $449!
Next session begins TBD
Pay one enrollment fee and enjoy the class solo, with your domestic partner, spouse and/or children.
My top fear is managing Karen’s fears! She has been much better than I thought since we first discussed this last January. This class has only helped her be more excited and informed about what we’re doing ~ Jon
You’ll not only receive all the necessary course materials, but you’ll also get
• Direct access to Jessica and Will for 10 weeks! (You have questions? We have answers!)
• A private Facebook group for sharing and building community with other future WorldTowners (The right support group is HUGE when making life changes)
• One, 30 minute, one-on-one video call with Jessica and Will to fine tune your travel plan.
• A WorldTowning hat or recyclable bag! Our favorite part!
We look forward to coaching you to bringing your travel dream to fruition.