In 2013, we set a goal to get ourselves from our safe stationary life to one of uncertainty and adventure. We gave ourselves 12 months to figure out all the logistics surrounding full-time travel. However, there was very little reliable and realistic guidance out there to hang our hopes on as we embarked on the next chapter of our lives. We had a couple of mentors, but for the most part we were on our own. A lot of time was lost researching online from sources that said they traveled full-time (and did not) or those who speculated what it was like to travel full-time, but no one was working one-on-one with future travelers from a point of personal experience. We started the consulting side of WorldTowning as a way to fill that gap- share with all of you the ups, downs, bumps, realities, etc., of what life is like for a WorldTowner and what preparations are necessary. Frankly, we do it for purely selfish reasons. We want more of you out here with us!
Why Jessica and Will of WorldTowning?
We have been traveling full-time for almost 7 years, but not just in 1 or 2 countries…on every continent except Antarctica. Although Largo begs to differ since he spent some time in Antarctica.
Not only have we been traveling full-time, but we have also been home/world schooling (elementary through high school), running a location independent business, hosting group travel trips, coaching future travelers, documenting our experiences on YouTube, parenting and adventuring.
It is always best to learn from those “doing it” long term and full-time.
We are here to get you traveling, period.
Our services include, but are not limited to assistance with any of the following:
visas, housing, education, healthcare, finances, tech, emotional support, community, rving Europe, itinerary/destinations, resources, hacks, packing, culture, hiking the camino, international real estate, volunteering.
How and where have we traveled?
We have slow traveled in Costa Rica, Ecuador, Morocco, France and Japan where we hunkered down for 4-12 months. We have RV’d Europe while visiting every country on the continent and our latest adventure involves buying a sailboat and starting our circumnavigation.
What you get?
• A roadmap to bring your travel dreams to fruition which involves determining your “why,” working through all the logistics and hearing the fabulous, bad and sometimes ugly, reality of full-time travel beyond the curated Instagram photos. We tell it how it is, so you can succeed.
• 2 (1 hour 1:1) LIVE video sessions with Jessica and Will. You will get to hear two different perspectives on many topics, the realist vs. the idealist and benefit from the different skill sets we bring to the table as a team.
• Membership to an exclusive (invite only) WorldTowners Facebook community of global travelers, business owners, educators and more.
• Access to a decade’s worth of full-time travel knowledge including links, pdfs, apps and all other resources we have collected.
• Long-term email access to Will and Jessica, even after the consulting has concluded.
• A video recording of our session to refer back to throughout the planning process.
• Access to our monthly Zoom calls on Patreon (limited to the time of your coaching)
• WorldTowning swag!
Who is this for?
Someone who wants to
...move abroad permanently to one location or travel full-time to various locations.
...take a summer, 6 month or year sabbatical to a foreign country.
...enlist guidance with the logistics after they have made the decision to go abroad.
How to get started?
• Fill out our "get to know you" questionnaire (here).
• In preparation for our chat download Zoom (here) if you don't already have it. It is a free platform.
• Drop us an email (here) with some times that work for you to meet. We schedule between 8am and 9pm our time (currently in France), Monday - Saturday.
• Make your payment of $200 USD for 2 (1-hour sessions). We accept Paypal, Zelle or Venmo. Email us (here) for our account information.
Do you love the idea behind our one-on-one coaching, but you want a lower price point and/or a tribe to learn with who will become your first travel community? Then WorldTowning University is the place for you.
We get it. Your life is extremely busy and trying to figure out every single aspect in planning to move to a new country is more than a little time-consuming. That’s why we put our 10-week course together in a very common-sense order, so that you can tackle the big stuff first and finish the minor details later on. By following our curriculum, we will be able to save you at least six months of research and frustration.
Worldtowning University is the first end-to-end “travel launch” class set up by active travelers. We didn’t just travel for a year or two and decide to make a class. We didn’t get done traveling, return to a comfortable lifestyle back home, and three years later develop a course. We are constantly learning more. We are constantly up to date. We are aware of how quickly the world of travel and planning for travel around the world can change. We are the team to help you manifest your big travel dream.
Over the course of 10 weeks, we cover:
• Your WHY
• Potential emotional and cultural transitions
• The visa application process
• Health options
• Employment and income needs
• Educational opportunities
• Financial and technological requirements
• Community-building opportunities at your WorldTowning location
And every week, for each of those topics above, you will receive
• An In-depth training video and links related to the week's topic.
• A LIVE video classroom session with WorldTowning founders (Jessica and Will) and other class members. This is recorded and upload after the class for anyone who could not attend or who the time zone does not work for.
• Homework assignments—each of which is specially designed to move you toward your dream!
• Expert guest speakers on occasion.
They way that Will and Jessica hosted, presented and managed the class was wonderfully interactive, respectful, engaging and most importantly inclusive of everyones differences and needs. The guest speakers offered real life inspiration and I found that really valuable. ~ Amanda
Enroll now for $449!
Next session begins August 24th, 1:00 p.m. EST & ends October 26th.
Pay one enrollment fee and enjoy the class solo, with your domestic partner, spouse and/or children.
My top fear is managing Karen’s fears! She has been much better than I thought since we first discussed this last January. This class has only helped her be more excited and informed about what we’re doing ~ Jon
You’ll not only receive all the necessary course materials, but you’ll also get
• Direct access to Jessica and Will for 10 weeks! (You have questions? We have answers!)
• A private Facebook group for sharing and building community with other future WorldTowners (The right support group is HUGE when making life changes)
• One, 30 minute, one-on-one video call with Jessica and Will to fine tune your travel plan.
• A WorldTowning hat or recyclable bag! Our favorite part!
We look forward to coaching you to bringing your travel dream to fruition.
Do you ever watch our vlogs and want the story behind something we mentioned?
Do you wonder what our struggles have been through this WorldTowning lifestyle experience, what we have lost, what we have gained, what we would do differently?
Do you want to know what we think is the perfect age to travel, who should not do this, why we can never go back to our old life and so much more? Then, you have landed in the right spot. The Inside WorldTowning podcast was developed to tell you all the juicy, educational and emotional stuff that never makes the vlog. Why? There just is not enough time in a 20-minute video to go deeper into this lifestyle choice we call WorldTowning. Join Jessica and Will and occasionally the kids to take it a bit deeper, funnier and messier than the edited vlogs about all these adventures.
A new episode is released every Wednesday! Don't miss out!
Before we started WorldTowning, I (Jessica) had this crazy idea to share our life in a blog, which at the time was called Goodie Goodie Gumdrop! Although I no longer write on the blog, it serves as a diary, chronicling our life beginning in early 2012 (before we even knew that we were going on this crazy full-time travel journey of ours) to mid-2017. The blog shows the transition from a family living a stationary life with a thirst for more, to seasoned full-time travelers who came to realize that this journey is a never-ending quest to share more about our real-life experiences (thus, the arrival of the vlog). The blog is chocked full of useful information, adventures, recipes, travel crafts, community and more.
100's of posts for your reading enjoyment!