Hola friends. Let’s play a game. I love stuff like this. Plus, it’s Tuesday and I want to keep it light. I am having oral surgery again today, ugh. The good thing is that you can expect a full report as to my experience with an oral surgeon in yet another country. Woo hoo! Good times.
WHAT IS THE LIEBSTER AWARD?
The Liebster award was created to help promote new bloggers and expand their reach – basically it acts like a referral from one blogger to the next and you, the reader, to get to benefit from finding more new and interesting blogs!
- What inspired you to start your blog?
I started blogging several years ago in an effort to document my children’s childhood and our travels with them. I did not like journaling in the traditional sense because I hate to physically write, it hurts my hands. I know, weird. I prefer typing (hence blogging), plus I wanted to be able to include pictures and videos. As time pressed on the blog morphed into more of a travel resource for other families who wanted to dream big, think outside the box, learn through the world and travel. I still consider it a travel journal for our kids, but also a resource for others wanting to make big changes.
- What’s the most important thing about your blog?
First, that I am creating an online journal of my kids childhood for them to look back on one day. Second, that it inspires other families to follow a path that is authentic to how they want to live their life. Of course, I am a big fan of family travel, world schooling, digital nomad work, spending copious amounts of time as a family and doing hard things. I hope the blog shows other families how we do this and that it IS possible to make it all work and travel.
- Do you have any goals for your blog?
I want to inspire more families to go out and travel. Period. Pretty simple. Ok, maybe there is a little more, but you will have to follow the blog to find out. We have some big changes for the blog this year.
- What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
The Conscious Parent by Dr. Shefali.
- What do you do outside of blogging?
A lot! I adventure. I world school. I design some, but I’m mostly retired from that career. I invest in real estate. I cook. I entertain. I read. I do yoga. I spend time with my kids and the hot latino. I take photos. I try to be a good person and give back. I learn Spanish. I live in the now. Finally, I’m starting to write a children’s book about travel.
- Do you prefer city, beach or countryside?
All of the above. I guess that is why I travel. If I had to choose one it would be beach, but city is a close second and countryside would bring up the rear. I love the way the beach clears my mind and makes me feel free and calm. I love how the city and all its culture feeds my intellect. And I love how the country brings me close to nature, healthy food options and authentic people.
- How do you stay fit while traveling?
I walk a ton! Plus, I squeeze in running, hiking and yoga whenever possible. We are a very active family so staying fit is never an issue, but I do find when we live someplace where we need a car we become less fit.
- Most memorable meal while traveling?
All of our meals in Paris that involved cheese and bread. Oh and the amazing BBQ we had at our friends house a couple of weeks ago. Thanks Carlos!
- Favorite Travel Destination?
You can’t ask me that questions. ALL OF THEM! I fall in love with everyplace we travel (aka live). I leave a piece of myself behind and I take a piece of the place with me. If I was forced to pick a favorite it would really come down to my mood at that moment. I am not a big fan of repeating destinations primarily because there is a whole world out there to see.
- What app do you love?
Ok, this is going to sound weird, but I am not much of an app girl. When I do use them they are very specific to an area I am in at the time. For example, when I am in Los Angeles I use Uber a lot. When I am in Paris I use the metro app.
- Favorite Quote?
I love quotes and I cannot possibly pick one, so here are my favorites.
Zig when everyone else is zagging ~ Ballantine. Find the passion. It takes great passion and great energy to do anything creative. I would go so far as to say you can’t do it without the passion ~ Agnes Demille. Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion ~ Hunt. Anyone can memorize facts and figures. The key is to venture into the unknown and let your imagination take hold ~ the man with the yellow hat, Curious George. Jump and a net will appear ~ unknown. Who wants a life imprisoned in safety~ Amelia Earhart. Life is either a great adventure or nothing. ~ Helen Keller. The best way to make children good is to make them happy. ~ Oscar Wilde
- Jen Beck Seymour @ Costa Rica Chica
- Myra Reinsch Sinclair @ Isakintospace
- Aimee Lynch @ The Everyday Journey
- Carml Hoyr @ Faith Above Fear
- Michelle Gaudet @ Inspired Family Adventure
All of you ladies inspire me. You have overcome challenges and forged your own path. Some of you are brand new to traveling and others are veterans, but you all inspire me.
This is my new set of eleven questions for the nominees:
- Why do you blog?
- What do you want readers to remember about your blog?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
- If you have children what is your greatest wish for them? If not, what is your greatest wish for yourself.
- What is your biggest fear? What is a fear you have overcome?
- Are you a planner or a go with the flow type?
- What is the one piece of technology you cannot live without?
- If you were not a (fill in the blank) you would be a (fill in the blank)?
- Three words that would describe a perfect day for you?
- Are you a morning, night or neither type of person?
- Who has had the greatest influence on you and your quest to live an authentic life?